Saturday, March 12, 2011

"Smiling's my favorite."

I know it's been said, and I know that it's a cliche, but cliches are only cliches because usually they're true: there is immeasurable power in smiling.
If you know me then you know that I smile a lot - maybe too much. But what you don't know is that sometimes I smile just for the sake of smiling. I don't smile because I'm happy, or amused, or trying to be polite. No. I smile because it's never wrong. Smiles are one-size-fits all. All people, all places, all situations are always improved with a smile. When I smile I feel like everything is O.K. for a second. It's like the universal band-aid for a bad day.


Smile at someone today, for no reason at all. Even if it creeps them out a little bit. :)

P.S.
This picture I took of my friends little sister is candid. Oh yeah. That happened.


No comments:

Post a Comment