Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Don't let me know.

"Above all, try something."
- Franklin D. Roosevelt

I have to agree with you Frank - and, if you can't pick one thing, try everything. Try anything. See yourself in things that aren't you. Look stupid if you have to. I've been talking about, and thinking about, and freaking out about growing up lately. I'm growing up and I'm going to college - but today I decided;
I'm young. I should act my age. I still have time. I'm still figuring everything out.

I get to dip my feet in the water, I get to glance and then shut my eyes again, I get to press my face against the display-case holding my future and everything real and scary will just stay sitting inside for now, while I fog up the glass with my breathe of anticipation and smudge it with 16-year-old fingerprints.


{I'm not sure of this is really making sense even, but that's okay too. I had to try it, to try and say what's been clawing the inside of my head and making the back of my eyes itch.}


"That's impossible." "Shit, nothing's impossible."

No comments:

Post a Comment