Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Ode to Tea

Good morning
 And it is good, to find my fingers
Half slipping out of sleeves
And settling around a familiar frame
And it is good, to see you at the rim
So still for a liquid and murky like the morning
The first thing that is done in this undone day
Rippling with the bounce of the bag and forever settling
Then sitting, and finally sulking in the bottom of the cup
With a fat spice and paper friend
Gone, but staying with
Steamy curls and semi-circles and remembered by
My own drowsy smile-shape
Always leaving rings on my desk
Not-quite circles, soggy half-moons
Marking every morning
Keeping my fingertips warm
And sending me off with this simple start
Making a hot home in my stomach
Leaves me un-empty with pink, kissed cheeks.



No comments:

Post a Comment